For this Makeup Look you'll need something like a...
1) Bobbi Brown Waterproof Black Gel
2) Sephora Angled Brush
3) UNE Glimmer Eyes Pencil
4) Benefit's "they're Real!" Mascara
Or any other similar products will do as well!
I just noticed that the photos of the last few posts were all taken inside. The main reason for this is the bad weather that we're experiencing here for the last couple of days. I always forget that June is right around the corner, because when I look outside, it doesn't look anything like summer. I'm really looking forward to the end of august, because then I'll be flying out to Seoul for the first time in my life! My friend Gabi, who I met in my year at the art foundation, will be there as well and we'll have lots of fun.
Recently I've been getting a lot of breakouts on my chin. About one year ago my skin was perfectly fine. I only had to deal with a shiny T-Zone and some seldomnly seen spots here and there. I was so happy about my skin situation, because I thought that I was finally out of the "acne-age", and don't ever have to deal with those problems again - I was wrong. I think it was last summer when my skin got difficult again. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because of the usual suspects: Lack of sleep and eating the "wrong" food. Everybody thinks that sugary food causes acne, but actually they have nothing to do with it. It's dairy products that we have to be careful with such as joghurt, cheese, cream cheese or quark. And as you might know, I like to start my day with a bowl of muesli every single morning. And as I cannot live without milk products, I use various skin care products to fight my breakouts.
Step 1: After a long day I remove my makeup with Bebe young care's quick&clean cleansing lotion (1). It works great with waterproof makeup products as well. Step 2: I wash my face with the Vichy Normaderm Peeling lotion (3). I like that it feels very grainy on my skin. Step 3: I use the Tea Tree Oil Toner from Alkmene (2), in order to wipe off the last bits of dirt and makeup on my skin. Step 4: I either use the Tea Tree Oil Face Lotion from Alkmene (5) or bebe young care's mattifying face cream (6) to moisturize my skin, if I don't do this, my skin will dry out within a minute. Step 5: I finish off my face cleansing routine with a spot treatment. I use Tea Tree Oil (4) from a Drugstore in Germany. I take one drop for each spot and gently pat it on. Because this Product is so aggressive, it'll instantly start to itch on the skin, but for me it's a sign that the Oil is working its magic on those dirty bastards.
This was my last photography project I did at the art foundation, which ended on last friday. The subject of this project was "Food" and I decided to take the sentence "you are what you eat" and convert it into visual pictures. I think the photos say it all. And yes, my heels are very dry and need some serious treatment, I got it, thank you.
These are my very first pair of nike sneakers. Two years ago, when the sneaker trend kicked in, I did not like it at all. I just couldn't understand how Sneakers could look anything but fashionable on a woman's feet. Last year I warmed up to this trend and really wanted a pair of Nike Free Runs. But as everyone started wearing it, it kinda cooled off for me. Two days ago I accidentally came across these pair of simple black nikes, and I decided to buy it spontaneously. I like impulse buys, they're so unexpected and mostly you'll decide for something you really like.
Two days ago I received my parcel from sheinside.com. I ordered five pieces and unfortunately I was only satisfied with one piece that I picked out. I have myself to blame, because I didn't check the details of the lengths. Most of the pieces I chose were waaay too short and too skintight, even though I went for size M. I guess the clothes at sheinside are aimed for petite asian girls - which I'm not. But luckily there was one dress that fitted me, so this order didn't turn out to be a total disappointment.
Ever since I can think I have been into flower patterns. But weirdly enough, I own very little flower patterned clothes. So I was very happy when I found this dress. My bf laughed at me and told me that I would look like a granny in this dress - but you know what, there a some days when I feel like looking like an old lady. Dressing up like a granny has been on trend since I can remember. I think it was Mary-Kate Olsen who first started this trend (another reference to the olsen twins, I have to admit, I was a huge fan when I was younger). Anyways, maybe it's a little short to be walking on the street in this dress, I might have to wear some shorts underneath, just to prevent public mishaps.
1. Dri Fit Shirt from Nike: This Shirt absorbs all the dirty sweat and feels so comfy and nice on my skin while I'm working out. Almost feels like not wearing anything at all.
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in "Sweet Pink": I got introduced to this lipstick by watching itsjudytime, a very famous youtuber. I love this color because it makes my lips and my whole face pop! It's really bright and super matte.
3. Gold Necklace: This is a really old necklace, that I got when I was a child. I think my mother gave it to me. I forgot about it, until it fell into my hands while I was tidying up my room a couple of weeks ago. I tried it on and it has been resting on my collarbone ever since.
4. "Wachstumsschmerz" by Sarah Kuttner: I have this really bad habit where I buy books and don't read them. At the moment I have like 5 different books that I started and haven't finished. I just get bored really easily and want to start a new book. I bought this one a year ago, and I think it's time for me to read it now.
5. Bourjois Nail Varnish Remover: Whoever invented this is a genius. It only takes one second to remove all your half scraped off nail varnish. It's a little pot with a sponge inside, which is saturated with the remover liquid. You just have to stick your finger inside, leave it for a bit, pull it out and the color is removed.
6. Balea Oil Repair Hair Oil: I cut my hair once to twice a year. That's the main reason why my hair ends are really dry and split. I randomly picked up this hair oil at a german drugstore and I'm in love with it. It smells of almonds and makes my hair smooth and nice.
7. Essie Nail Varnish: Last summer I did an essie promotion in Zurich and got to keep a few essie nail varnishes. I totally forgot about how amazing the colors are that I picked up back then. They're so bright and fun to wear! My favorite is "Rosebowl", the pink one on the photo.
8. "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk ft. Pharell Wiliams: I just can't get enough of this song. It makes me happy.
I bought this Kate Moss T-Shirt a couple years ago, when I thought I could pull off the oversized and baggy look of Mary-Kate Olsen. After wearing it a few times, I decided to give it to my bf. He didn't wear it so much, so I decided to take it back and change up the look of the shirt, by chopping off the sleeves and turn it into a loose tank top.
I live in those Chucks, because these are the only shoes that I can wear with my bruised toe at the moment. The accident is a while back now, but it still hurts when I slip in some tighter shoes. I prefer taking photos in front of a white wall, because I think my camera lense is not good enough for outdoor pictures. I always try to blurry up the background, but it's almost impossible, if I want a whole body shot. I took these photos at my bf appartment. He turned into my photographer. I think he enjoys it, even though he doesn't show it.
Today I literally took a walk down memory lane. I live in a very small village by the lake side. This afternoon, well it's already sunday now so I mean to say yesterday afternoon, I walked over to my old primary school. I haven't been there for ages. Everything seemed so small and tiny. I realised I only see one part of my village, which is the part that is near to the railway station. I don't hang around in this village. When I spent time outside in order to breathe some fresh air, I usually take a train to Zurich. I'd rather choose to live in a big city, it's so much more exciting in my opinion. Someday I'll pack my stuff and move to a big town. I'm already looking forward to it.